We build amazing solutions
We’re looking for talented people who share our passion
Who we are
We’re a small but fast growing business with a shared passion for helping to change recruitment through the development of innovative technology.
We believe in being agile, nimble, collaborative and creative; supporting each other and growing as a team. We’re against company politics, bureaucracy and self interest.
We’re on an exciting journey which has already taken us around the world and we’re working with some amazing international brands.
Interested? Read on…
Who we work with
We’re based out of Sci-Tech Daresbury one of the most exciting and well recognised high-tech hubs in the UK where the smallest start-ups work side-by-side with successful and influential international companies.
Sci-Tech is a National Science and Innovation Campus established in 2006 and is internationally recognised for world-class science, innovation and enterprise.
It’s home to some of the world leaders in high performance computing, big data and cognitive technologies.
CiiVSOFT is actively collaborating in R&D activities with IBM and the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) Hartree Centre to prototype and develop next generation, cognitive recruitment technology as part of our collective mission to change and improve recruitment.
Benefits and perks
You’ll get a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and excellent development potential.
We have a core hours model with a flexible approach to ensure work / life balance.
Onsite cafe and restaurant
Subsidised restaurant facilities and Costa Coffee right on campus.
Free gym membership
Free onsite gym along with a wide range of sporting and social clubs and activities.
Free onsite parking
Free, secure onsite parking all day, every day.
Free travel schemes
A range of free travel initiatives on public transport.
Work with us
Take a look at our current openings
PHP Backend Developer
PHP Backend Developer
Competitive salary + benefits + flexible working
CiiVSOFT is a developer of innovative cloud recruitment automation software and technology. Our solutions save time and money for our growing portfolio of global clients, streamlining recruitment and improving productivity by automating key recruiting tasks.
We’re looking for a talented PHP Backend Developer to join our small but perfectly formed team based at the award winning Sci-Tech Daresbury campus near Warrington, Cheshire.
Reporting to the Development Team Leader you’ll be responsible for producing high-quality code and solutions that meet specified requirements and are delivered when scheduled:
- Contribute and work collaboratively with other staff members and project stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Contribute to process improvement whenever possible
- Take pride and own the work delivered, anticipating potential issues and being solutions driven
- Share knowledge and solutions for the benefit of the wider development team
Essential knowledge required:
- 3+ years commercial development experience working on large scale projects and web apps
- Working with PHP-based MVC frameworks such as Codeingiter, Laravel, or similar
- Developing and working with 3rd party API integrations and solutions
- Experience of Automated Testing
- Writing Object-Orientated Code
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of Linux servers, administration and maintenenance
- MySQL or similar (e.g. MS SQL Server, MariaDB)
- Experience of using & building REST services
- GitHub experience
- PHPUnit testing
- Promote software development best practices whenever possible
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- MongoDB to an intermediate level
- Experience of working with Amazon Web Services
- Exposure to using continuous integration
- SQL Stored Procedures
- Application of software design patterns such as dependency injection or repository, specification or decorator patterns
- Working knowledge of collaborative development tools e.g. Git Linux/Unix command line
- Queuing Software e.g. RabbitMQ / SNS
- Monitoring / Logging e.g. New Relic / Greylog / NetStats
- Server Load sharing
Above all we’re looking for a dedicated team player and someone who is flexible, can adapt in a fast paced, demanding environment and who wants to continue learning.
If you want to make your skills and experience count and be a valuable contributor to the continuing growth and success of our business then click on the ‘Apply’ link now to send your details direct to our recruiting team.
CiiVSOFT operates an equal opportunities policy
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
If required, we work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to this at the present time. Please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send CVs to our or ‘hello’ or ‘recruitment’email addresses, or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs which we may receive and may subsequently use.
We’re based out of the Sci-Tech campus in Daresbury, UK.