DevOps / Systems Engineer
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team based at the award winning Sci-Tech Daresbury campus near Warrington, Cheshire. Reporting to the Development Team Leader you’ll be responsible for producing high-quality solutions and integrations for our growing customer base.
As a DevOps/Systems Engineer at CiiVSOFT, you will be responsible for the company’s infrastructure, collaborating with a team and powering on one of the most interesting, high velocity and data driven cloud architectures. Data is the centre of our engineering business and you will be tackling challenges that make an impact across a huge vertical of businesses and users. You will get to work on a world-class cloud native infrastructure handling data intensive applications and high performance data architectures.
Essential knowledge required:
- Strong AWS knowledge (includes, but is not limited to): EC2, EC2 Spot, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS, DynamoDB, RDS, Route 53, IAM.
- You must understand linux from a sysadmin point of view
- You must have the skillset to understand capacity on CPU/Memory/Disk IO/Network IO
- DBA Experience
- Jenkins pipeline builds
- New Relic monitoring
- Passion for data, performance optimisation and infrastructure design
Desirable Skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Python & PHP
- Experience of using Datadog
- Terraform knowledge
- Understand how data is processed in stateful and stateless architectures
- High velocity systems architecture
- Parallel and multi-threaded processing
Responsibilities (projects to participate / problems to solve):
- Maintain, deploy and troubleshoot our entire infrastructure stack
- Automate deployment and create self-healing and fault tolerant infrastructure
- Error monitoring and reporting using New Relic
Above all we’re looking for a dedicated team player and someone who is flexible, can adapt in a fast paced, demanding environment and who wants to learn.
CiiVSOFT operates an equal opportunities policy
Submit Job Application
Please complete the form below to send your job application directly to our recruitment team
POLITE NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND SUPPLIERS
On occasion we work with external recruitment partners. In these circumstances we work with a carefully selected number of partners and we are not looking to add to this at the present time.
Please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency or provider.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send CVs to any of our email addresses, or any of our employees.
We are not responsible or liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles which we may receive and may subsequently use.