Last updated: 11th April 2018
CiiVSOFT Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Supply, Licence Agreement and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.ciivsoft.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is CiiVSOFT Ltd of The Innovation Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, Daresbury, Cheshire, WA4 4FS, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site(s) including www.ciivsoft.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or through our site, when you engage in any other activates at all on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, company name, and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- information about your usage of the site, software and services, including but not limited to, roles created, CVs parsed, documents uploaded, frequency of use, job and skills parameters entered and data fields completed.
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CiiVSOFT’s or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Supply of Services and other Agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CiiVSOFT, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site including your user account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We strongly recommend that you choose and use a password which is a minimum of 8 characters in length and uses a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols and a mixture of upper and lower case characters. To avoid unauthorised access to your user account, always remember to log out of your user account if your computer is used or has shared access with another person or persons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Right to erasure and right to be forgotten. By default your details are only retained on our contact database and servers for a maximum of 12 months and for client users who have been provided with a user account for 12 months from the date you last logged in and used your CiiVSOFT user account.
If you have not been in contact with us or logged in and used your user account for a period of 12 months then your account is deemed to be ‘inactive’. We automatically purge ‘inactive’ accounts each month. At any time you have the right to request that your details be erased. You must do this by contacting us in writing at CiiVSOFT Ltd of The Innovation Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, Daresbury, Cheshire, WA4 4FS, United Kingdom or by email email@example.com
When you fill out a form on one of our websites you are asked to provide explicit consent for CiiVSOFT to use use your data for marketing and business development purposes which will only ever be via personalised electronic mail (email) or telephone. Please note we do not use automated systems for marketing or mass mailing software for marketing or business development purposes.
For the avoidance of doubt, by default, the check box for consent is unticked and you are required to tick the checkbox to confirm that you are providing your explicit consent.
You are required to tick the checkbox and provide consent in order to complete a form on our site. If you do not wish to provide this explicit consent then you may contact us in writing to ourpostal address or via any of the telephone numbers telephone numbers listed on our websites.
You can also exercise the right to change or remove the details we hold about you at any time by contacting us in writing at CiiVSOFT Ltd of The Innovation Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, Daresbury, Cheshire, WA4 4FS, United Kingdom or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may still receive some marketing information or telephone calls in the time period between when you notify us that you wish to change or delete your information and when we process your request.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.